A big thanks to Wendy and Anne for nominating me for my first ever “Very Inspiring Blog Award.’ I am very honoured and double thrilled to be nominated twice. It’s a lovely way to continue 2013 after having started it with the dreaded norovirus!
As part of being nominated, I have to tell readers 7 random facts about myself. Yikes! Okay, here goes …
1. I like Marmite
2. My daughter was born in place called Vunapope, which literally means place of the Pope (and is a small mission hospital in Papua New Guinea).
3. I love the sun and hate the cold but live in Edinburgh!
4. I left home at 17 to be a nanny in Germany.
5. I like listening to Radio4 Extra.
6. I have two brothers and six sisters.
7. I’ve just been reading books by a US crime writer called Tony Hillerman. The novels are set in the Southwest of the US and the main detectives are Navajo Tribal Policemen and – and women. I’ve really enjoyed the novels. They are great crime stories but you also learn about the incredible Navajo culture.
And now I have to nominate 15 other blogs/bloggers for this award and give links to their blogs. Here goes … they are all worth checking out and definitely deserve the award :o)
Louisa J.Dang ‘s brilliant blog on Southern Writing in the US, A Southern Writer’s Network
Jacqui Mehring and her great new art/craft blog Studio Tempera
Kath Middleton and her excellent 5 star reviews at Ignite Books
Gareth Watkins and his wonderful crime fiction reviews on Killing Time
Aunty Emily and her wonderful blog on everything Aunty Emily
Lorna (AKA Gypsie Writer) and her entertaining blog Gin and Lemonade with a Twist
Marita Rose and her refreshingly honest blog on being one half Australian and one half Kiribati The Little Island that Could
FC Malby and her blog on all writing related things
Rhian Davis and Aurelio (as in Aurelio Zen, I think!) and her absolutely great crime fiction blog It’s A Crime
Chris Simmons and another clever crime fiction blog Crime Squad
Garrick Webster and, yes, another cool crime fiction blog CrimeFictionLover
And don’t forget to check out Wendy’s great blog Wendy’s Writing Now, which is full of tips and advice from her writing life – and dancing! And Anne’s blog too, of course, about her story behind the writing of her latest book (and a little bit more) A Blond Bengali Wife!